Sunday, November 14, 2010

Today

This is going to be a pretty random blog but I figure I may as well get it out of the way before I completely forget anyways.

Hav and I just got back from visiting Regina, Saskatchewan with my Mom and sister, Sara. We had a good time! It was so good to see my Mom's side of the family. It's always wonderful to come out of visiting relatives without something dramatic or traumatic occurring hahaha; so I'm feeling pretty blessed for my Momma's fam right about now. I truely do love them.

Also! Haven experienced his very first snow :)... there's almost nothing more beautiful than a crispy white morning with frosty trees and sparkling snow everywhere.

Back to the fam...

My Grandma is still positive that she is a queen; typical :). I do love her for it. We sat down together while Mom and Sara went shopping and Hav napped. We just talked. It was nice to listen to her stories of past family members and her past experiences.

My Auntie Mickey and Uncle Gary are still just as humble, down to earth and wonderful as ever. We all went out for brunch at the farm and had giant stacks of pancakes smother in lemon sauce and brown sugar - can you possibly imagine anything more delicious?... I think not.

Brunch at the Farm
My Uncle Greg and Auntie Darlene are good too. Auntie Darlene made a stupendously delicious meal for us at Grandma's place; french bread and pasta casserole.. mm, mm good :) Earlier in the day we had a good visit with Uncle Greg and Auntie Darlene.

My cousins are both happy with two lovely ladies in their lives. David's little girl Eliza is gorgeous and Kinda is such a wonderful new Mommy! Sara and I had such a good time talking and laughing with Erika, John's girlfriend :). Sara and I definitely approve haha!

Cousin John ang his Girlfriend, Erika

I can't help but notice how much everyone has grown in the age department though. Life is going by much too fast. I also noticed on the drive home (much screaming included; joy) that Haven got his first tooth just trying to poke through his gums. What is going on?! I have a 2 month old baby who's already teething?!

I just feel like I need to document every moment and stash it away in a special library of memories in my mind. Time is slipping by every second.

I remember being a kid and always being so excited for the day when I became a teenager. Then that day came and I was always focussed on being somewhere opposite of where I was at the moment; with people opposite of who I was with. Now, looking back... I miss some of those times. I wish I could go back and cherish them in the ways that they deserve to be cherished.

I wish I could remember every time I laughed so hard I cried along with a younger or older sister; a best friend. I wish I could relive those girl's camps; when going back the second time, remembering how wonderful that time in my life really was - I truely took it for granted. I wish I could remember our family vacations a little better; remember the smiles on my sister's faces.

There is a lot that I wish I could go back and change. But doing that too much winds me with not living in the present all over again!

So I guess the best thing to do, rather than regretting what I cannot change, is too live right now; live in this very special moment. As I'm typing this Haven is fast asleep, wrapped up in his favorite yellow blankie. He's beautiful. I can hear my Mom reading Kesaia a story book for bed and in about 45 minutes Tamera will be home :).

Today is a beautiful day. The present is beautiful.

I love this quote I found one day and think it goes along well with this blog:


"Two Days We Should Not Worry"

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry,
Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is Yesterday, with all its mistakes and cares,
Its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.
Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday.
We cannot undo a single act we performed;
We cannot erase a single word we said.
Yesterday is gone forever.

The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow
With all its possible adversities, its burdens,
Its large promise and its poor performance;
Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.
Tomorrow's sun will rise,
Either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise.
Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow,
For it is yet to be born.

This leaves only one day, Today.
Any person can fight the battle of just one day
It is when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities
Yesterday and Tomorrow that we break down.
It is not the experience of Today that drives a person mad,
It is the remorse and bitterness of something which happened Yesterday
And the dread of what Tomorrow may bring.
Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time.
Roadies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment