Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Is there something on my face?"

I was walking through the mall pushing Haven in his stroller when a woman with her husband and three children, out of nowhere, smiled at me. It wasn't a 'avoid eye contact' and smile in my direction smile, it was a full 'stare you straight into the eyes', bright-eyed smile; the kind that makes you think they know something you don't.

She had black hair and though she wasn't wearing any make up, she had a light about her. She was beautiful.

After I got over the surprise of her directness, I smiled back. I kept walking for a few steps and then glanced back to find that she had turned mid step and was continuing in her bright smile; still starring me straight in the eyes. I smiled again and kept walking.

I found my Mom in the store across the way and asked her:

"Is there something on my face?"

She said no and I told her what had happened. Then as I was walking away I thought to myself...'How sad is it that when someone smiles at me, I assume there is something on my face?'

There are millions of people in the world; millions of possible friendships. Yet we close off and kind of 'stick' in our own little island. We can learn so much from each other! All we have to do is leave that comfort zone for a few seconds and 9 times out of 10 you will have an amazing and positive response.







(had i not left my comfort zone too become friends with this girl my life would be different, i would be different; i love her <3)

And on a lesser level, we can brighten someones day SO much, simply by spreading a little love. Flash a smile here and there. Life is good when you remember your blessings; it'll shine, it'll show.

No comments:

Post a Comment