Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birth Mother Appreciation; the best things in life

I've written about these two girls previously here in this blog. I love them both to bits. Their names are Dallas and Ashley :)

Here are their blogs concerning this topic here: Dallas and Ashley.

Ashley, in what I consider to be a truly inspired way, suggested to Dallas and I that we begin an 'organization' of sorts to help girls and women who find themselves in the situation of an unplanned pregnancy. Growing up I knew a lot of women who found themself in this position. I've seen almost every single variation that you could possibly think of.

When I was 19 years old I found myself in this situation myself (which is how I know Dallas and Ashley). It was a scary thing; and that's an understatement. I've learned so much and grown in ways that I couldn't have ever imagined because of it, though. And duh... do I even need to mention how much I love my beautiful son??? I'm pretty sure that's just a given.


one of our debut pictures :)

The best things in life come at the greatest cost sometimes <3

Which is why I am in love with this idea that Ashley has. I feel so passionately about it. Two years ago I watched a birth mother give her son to his loving family. It is something that is such a huge part of me. And one day when I work up the courage/come to terms with the perfect words to talk about it, I'll share a little bit of my feelings concerning this amazing birth mother and others that I know.

I am so excited to meet with Dallas and Ashley in a couple of weeks to brain storm things we can do. The idea is providing a basket of things for a birth mother, dependant upon what she chooses. She may choose to place, she may choose to single parent, she may choose to raise baby with baby daddy. The plan is to tailor a basket just for her; lists of women that she can talk to, testimonials of other women, quotes, songs, gift certificates, things for comfort and relaxation. And in the end... really just a reminder that no matter how 'alone' they may be... they are not really alone at all.

And whoso recieveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, 
and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. 
- Doctrine and Covenants 84:88


I am so, so, so unbelievably excited about this project.

2 comments:

  1. very cool idea, adoption is very dear to my heart. Let me know if you need any help with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful idea! So proud of you girls for putting it into action. You have such a huge heart my dear Meggy Moo!

    ReplyDelete