Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My most important job

I cannot believe that this time of the month has rolled around once again.
This blog is steadily becoming one of my favorites of the month because I get to talk about my favorite person in the whole world!

Haven is 8 months old today. I cannot believe that 8 months ago I was laying in a hospital bed right now, marveling at this little boy; and truly that's no understatement.

I remember leaving the delivery suite and heading off to my room. Everything had been a blur at the end. And then I was in the hospital bed, in my room and everything was quiet and I was more tired than I had ever been in my life...

and there was a little bundle of wrapped up baby right there next to me.

It was so surreal.

It felt odd not having him right there with me as I had grown accustomed to for the past 9 months.

And then today even more odd to imagine than that, is to think about a time when Haven wasn't a part of my life.

I don't remember what it feels like to not have him be such a huge part of my soul.

He is my purpose. I mean what did I even waste my time thinking about before him?

I must have had so much more time on my hands...

He was up there waiting to come and meet me :)

I'm sure he had a good time watching me fumble around right before that most huge and amazing moment of realizing that he was on his on his wayyyyy to meet me.

My life, world... everything changed after that moment.

And I wouldn't dare go back;
not for anything :)

Before

this was taken about a month before Haven was in my tummy! so wierd to think...
this is also my last job before the most important job of my life;
being a mom :)
to now

you are the light
that reminds me
there is always hope in tomorrow
and even today

No comments:

Post a Comment