Sunday, April 10, 2011

a thankful heart is a happy heart

i'm not in a very good head space right now. so... i think i need to write a 'thank you' list. i'm just going to keep writing until i cannot think of anything else :)

I am thankful for;

the two beautiful children that my family has adopted/sponsers - Milimo and Taonga. I didn't know that I could love someone so much that I do not even know.

I am thankful for;

my beautiful sister, Tamera who is celebrating a birthday tomorrow. She makes me laugh - sometimes her timing is inapropriate... but who doesn't need an inapropriately timed laugh every once in a while?

:)

I am thankful for;

friends who remind me that they see something beautiful in me, even when I feel far, far from beautiful. I hope that I tell all of them enough how amazing... how beautiful they are. 

I am thankful for;

Richard G Scott. I'm going to be meeting him in a week. How excited am I for this occasion? So. so. excited.

I am thankful for;

music. What more can you say about it? It's simply amazing.

I am thankful for;

Willis. Willis is my piano, for those who are wondering. Whenever something sad or difficult happens in my life I always end up turning to Willis :) I'm starting to learn that I should just do it right off the bat - before I retaliate in anger, before I break down, before I waste my energy... just sit down with Willis for a while.


:)

I am thankful for;

my education and the plenty amount of further education that I have at my finger tips. I know that I take it completely for granted.

I am thankful for;

my scriptures. They are worn, colored in, torn in some places, dog-eared, crumpled in some places, water stained in some places. I guess this just goes to show how much I use them; how much I loooove them.

I am thankful for;

my sisters. Each and every one of them. Tanis, Tamera (double mention!), Michelle, and Sara <3


the baby, sara :) she's a stunnah... even when she's hugely pregnant lol

stunning. we. are. stunning.

I am thankful for;

my couch. This one's pushin' it. I've been sleeping on the couch every night... I thought to complain about it the other night. And well, I think I should think twice before doing that. It's a lot better than a card board box.

I am thankful for;

the homeless man standing outside of the 'rascal flats' concert who made me realize how much I have when I handed him a 10 dollar bill... he fell to the ground and burst into tears (shortly followed by my own), repeating over and over again 'thank you, thank you so much, thank you so much'.

I am thankful for;

friends who are honest enough to tell me when I need to forgive someone who's hurt me - that way I can heal.

I am thankful for;

friends who forgive me. Because I am most definitely far, far, far (pretty much the farthest thing) from perfect.


this is how i feel about my friends forgiving me :)

I am thankful for;

Canada, eh? (It's actually hilarious that we are known for 'eh' hahaha. I am going to count tomorrow to see how many times I use that word) I love my home. All the way from the 'stanley cup' play offs to the 'calgary stampede' fireworks and late nights :)


flames all the way, babeh!

how beautiful is this land? so.
ps i took this picture. just sayin.

I am thankful for;

an amazing son. K guys. This list is officially not in order of what I am most thankful for. What would I do without this sweet boy who teaches me something new every. day. I am alive?




and now. i am so so tired! so i am going to go and curl up on my warm comfy couch and have a wonderful (nightmare-free ;) sleep!

2 comments:

  1. you're wonderful Meg. I hope you know I think you're a pretty amazing person

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this !
    So so so so excited for Friday as well.
    sit together? :) can't wait.

    ReplyDelete