Monday, May 16, 2011

natural highs; number 5

A special glance.

I spent weeks trying to think of what to write in this particular blog. I could think of examples of 'special glances' but I couldn't remember the details of all of them. So... this is going to be a really random blog full of 'special glance' moments.

I've had a lot of 'special glances' at airports. Whether I was leaving somewhere or someone else was leaving somewhere... there's always a 'turn back and glance' moment; the heart breaking ones. I've had some perfect special glances at airports. The ones where you are walking away from each other and in perfect unition, both turn back and look into each other's face at exactly the same moment.


so keep it steady now
'cause every inch you see is
bruised

I had a 'special glance' moment with a friend one day while I was saying goodbye to him - it was summer. It wasn't a big goodbye; just any old goodbye. He just smiled at me. It seemed out of place and the image burned into my 'mental images'. I remember feeling something inside my heart... something important. It was the last time that I saw him alive. A few short monthes later he was in a fatal car accident.



The day of my seminary graduation the man who awarded me with my 'Graduation Certificate' was someone I had known almost my whole life. He knew my family. I wasn't close with him but he'd just always been 'there'. I know that seminary, to some, really isn't that big of a deal. But without it I really don't know what I would have done. I walked up to the front of the room to accept my certificate. He looked in my eyes with one of those 'special glance' looks and with the brightest smile on his face he took my hand in his and said 'Megan... you made it'.

day of seminary graduation :)
i love michelle <3
Special glances are wonderful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment