Monday, May 23, 2011

who says???

when life throws a lemon at your head...

put on some nikes,

and run.

until your legs feel like lead

until there's sweat dripping into your eyes

and your lungs are begging your mind to stop

and if only for a few moments... instead of thinking about the hurt at hand, your mind might forget
and instead turn to;
one foot, in front,
of the other

one foot, in front, of the other, and don't stop
just keep running

you may not be in control of all the things in your life;
but you are most certainly in control of your choice
to put
one foot, in front, of the other.


just do it

ps. a great big THANK YOU to mother nature who provided the sweet smell of sappy buds as i was running (have i ever mentioned how much i love spring?), a great big THANK YOU to i tunes for providing my two new songs that i totally splurged on (i decided i deserved it); i pushed repeat over and over, a great big THANK YOU to my amazing family in Saskatchewan who distracted me all weekend & reminded me how blessed I am, and... last but never least... the biggest THANK YOU to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with everything that I have.


second cousins :) - the next generation

pps. the second thing that you should do after life throws a lemon at your head is to write four things that you are so thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. i loooooove running! i miss stirling, it was the best to run in :(

    ReplyDelete