Sunday, June 5, 2011

skinned knees and bumble bee stings

My big sister moved out this past week. It was a good thing, but... there was definitely a lump in the back of my throat as I watched her room be cleared out - I had to swat away a few tears. After she left I went outside for a run so that I could distract myself from the bitter sweet feeling of it all.

My baby sister also went to Grad this past week. It wasn't her Grad but it reminded me that she is going to be graduating next year. Then that reminded me that it's been two whole years since I graduated. And that's just unheard of to me.

Ummmmm. When did that happen? How has time flown by so quickly?

Do you remember when we were still kids?
Do you remember when life was as simple as racing our bikes up and down the streets?
Do you remember the fights we fought? 'I'm never talking to you again!'... five minutes later we would be planning our next adventure together; fights simply weren't worth remembering (and still aren't worth remembering :).
Do you remember laughing until we cried, as we laid underneath the stars on that old trampoline?
Do you remember the complete horror of being caught having a crush on a boy? - boys had cooties, ew.
Do you remember when the only reason we shed a tear was because of a skinned knee or a bumble bee sting?... ailments which were easily cured by Mom's 'magical kisses' or Dad's 'bear hugs'.


As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together.
And as our lives change
come whatever
We will still be

friends forever

this picture is minus my michellie  <3
we'll be
friends forever

No comments:

Post a Comment