Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Natural Highs # 6

Getting mail.

I could go on. and on. filling this particular blog with millions of many wonderful memories in 'getting mail'. There is nothing like coming home from school or from a long day at work to a hand written letter addressed to 'yours truly': Megan Sumbot orrrrr sometimes Megan Jolynn.

:)

Just this week I waited... and waited... and waited... for a letter from ms. bestie who's serving a mission for our church - the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (whooooo heeee, take a breather; it's a long name!) I'm so proud of her. She brightens up my day so. often.


love her :)

Chelsea left during a really difficult time in my life! Before she left I spoke with her every single day. Then something huge happened in my life and I needed her more than ever... except unfortunately.... she was leaving. It was good for me; painful, yes. But so good. Because I couldn't pick up the phone and call her, I was made to realize that I was not strong enough to do this one thing on my own and that I needed to get down on my knees and say my prayers! Which is what I did.

And now I have a stronger testimony of prayer.

I won't lie though... I anxiously waited for those letters. Usually once a week, they would come. She would always know just what to say. It also reminded me of my Heavenly Father's ability to work through other people to help me and to have what He wanted me to hear actually get to me.

She's truly an angel in my life. And those letters have been such a blessing to me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment