Monday, July 4, 2011

No, I'm not lucky

This weekend has been so. so. splendid.

I spent it with my family and friends and fireworks too; it was one of the best Canada Days I've ever had. I am simply bursting from the seams with all of the things that I am grateful for.

How much does it rock that I live in this beautiful country? I mean really. I think that I take it for granted. 

How awesome is it that I have a Mom and Dad who love me so much that they even sometimes irritate me with their occasional over-bearingness. Come to think of it, I'm grateful for the occasional irritation; without it, it might mean that they don't love me so. so. much. And I know that they do!

Today my family and I had one of our big sunday dinners with all the family at home. We made home made pizza and I ate so much that I grew a food baby and looked like I was 5 months pregnant. Eating is hard work guys. It's pretty tiring business. So Hav and I curled up on the couch and had the best nap together. He wrapped his chubby little baby arm around my neck and we just snuggled.

<3

This life that I live in isn't just chance. Everything that I have is given to me by God;
the trials that make me stronger - He gives me those,
the friends who turn out to be angels 'bearing me up' - He sends me those,
the beautiful son who looks at me with love unconditioned - He sent me him,
the sisters who I have learned all that I know about life from - He blessed me with them,
the parents who have opened up every single opportunity that I have in this life - He gave me them.

As my good friend Nikki would say: "No, I'm not lucky... I'm blessed."

1 comment: