Monday, August 29, 2011

happy birthday to my favorite boy

It's late, but it's here!

My '25 blog'... that's what I'm talking about :)

And... it is the most special 25 post yet!

Haven is one year old! Haven and I were in Rexburg for his Birthday for a friend's wedding. His Birthday was a day before the wedding but I made sure to gather together a Birthday boy cake, party hats (the only ones were Dora the Explorer! So lame lol! Oh well), candles and all the fixings. He didn't exactly know how to blow out the candles but he got some help from his Auntie Georgie.

auntie georgie blowing out the candles for him :)


As I sat there watching him with two of my best friends, Georgie and Chelsea, and Georgie's fiancee (now husband ;) Aaron, I couldn't help but feel so much love for this little boy. He has so many people in his life who love him! 

he was so hesitant lol! im sure he was in awe that i was actually allowing him to eat this gob of sugar!
he needed help getting into it :) georgie and i assisted.
mmmm! kisses for auntie chelsea!


Haven has been such a blessing in the lives of all those around him. This past year has been the most wonderful year of my life as I have grown to love him more and more every day. 

morning nap with auntie chely :)


He has just learned how to wave 'bub-bye' when someone leaves. He lifts up his little hand and moves his arm up and down with his hand flopping back and forth. It's adorable. 

taking a break during one of our many travels this summer!


He has also learned how to bite. Haven is SUCH a little biter! The other day I leaned in to give him a kiss. He normally just gives me a sloppy, open-mouthed kiss but got a little carried away at the end and bit into my lips so hard! When I tell him 'no, that's bad to do, Haven!' he begins laughing hysterically. Which results in me laughing at him; I try to cover my mouth so my disciplining him isn't completely lost, but it generally doesn't work.

a succesful kiss.

more travels from the airport with chely!


I was busy taking photos at the wedding and so Haven needed to be taken care of during the reception and after the temple ceremonies. His Auntie Chelsea soaked up time with him. He also fell in love with Georgie and Chelsea's brothers, Josh and Stuart! There were so many times that I would look over and catch glimpses of him laughing hysterically at something they were doing.

the beautiful bride, havie and josh <3
haven laughing with stuie :)

taking a much needed moment to visit with friends and have chels take over the camera for a few minutes!

I was playing a game of peek a boo with him today. He would chase me around a chair in the living room until I would be able to sneak up behind him and shout 'BOO!'. It would result in a fit of laughter and we would do the same thing over and over again. I laid down on the floor afterwards and he gave me the biggest hug. I just can't help but smile from ear to ear whenever I think of him. 

yup. our life is pretty hard. just layin' in a hammock. no biggie :)
how could this face NOT make you smile???
- haven met a new friend named MUD. He LOVES mud. lol! -


I am so grateful for Haven in my life. I am so grateful that this time, one year ago, I had just welcomed this sweet little boy into the world. It feels like yesterday. I am so grateful for every single tomorrow spent with him.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment