Wednesday, September 7, 2011

gonna fly by...

Dear All,

I have a new blog! I decided that I didn't want to jumble up my 'everyday blog' with my 'photo's blog' and so I just made an account on tumblr :) here's the link.

This week has been kind of crazy! I've just started at a new job and am really enjoying it. It's super close to home. Yesterday Havie was having a bit of a rough day and had a hard time going off to day care. I don't think it will ever cease to break my heart seeing his little arms reaching out for me with those big alligator tears forming in his eyes and having to walk away from him anyways. It's been really hard for me being away from him for work lately!

I found this song one year ago when Havie was just a newborn and sing it to him all the time.
I've been thinking of it a lot lately <3
ps ive changed the lyrics a little 'cause i sing it a little differently to Haver :)



She didn't have to wake up
She'd been up all night
Layin’ there in bed listenin’
To her new born baby cry
She makes a pot of coffee
She splashes water on her face
Her momma gives her a hug and says
It gonna be OK


It won’t be like this for long
One day you'll look back laughin’
At the week you brought him home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long



Four years later ‘bout 4:30
He's crawling in her bed
And when she drops him off at preschool
He's clinging to her leg
The teacher peels him off of her
She says what can I do
She says now don't you worry
This’ll only last a week or two


It won’t be like this for long
One day soon you'll drop him off
And he won’t even know you're gone
This phase is gonna fly by
If you can just hold on
It won’t be like this for long


 
Some day soon he'll be a teenager
And at times she'll think he hates her
Then she'll watch him getting married
To the love of his life
But right now he's up and cryin’
And the truth is that she don't mind
As she kisses him good night
And he says his prayers


She lays down there beside him
‘Til his eyes are finally closed
And just watchin’ him it breaks her heart
Cause she already knows


It won’t be like this for long
One day soon that little boy is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by
So, she's tryin’ to hold on


‘Cause it won’t be like this for long

It won’t be like this for long

It won’t be like this for long


- It won't be like this for long
Darrius Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment