Saturday, October 15, 2011

i'm small, i know

I love primary songs. Especially the ones that just get stuck in your head and no matter what you do, you can't get it out. Today one in particular has been playing and replaying in the radio of my mind.

"Give"
said the little stream,
"Give oh, give! Give oh, give!"
"Give"
said the little stream,
as it hurried down the hill.

"I'm small I know,
but where ever I go
the fields grow greener still."

Singing, singing all the day.
"Give away! Oh, give away!"
Singing, singing all the day.
"Give oh, give away."

I've been thinking about 'giving' a lot :).

This morning my sister showed me a wonderful site. It's called 'click to give'. Lately I've been a little bit frustrated with my ability to - or rather, my lack of ability - to give and help in the world. It seems that to make any real difference you have to be a millionaire.

So. This is for those of you who are not millionaires or who do not have bloated trust funds that you will recieve when you turn 18. This is for the individual who wants so badly to make big changes, yet has very little.

'Click to give' is a completely free website. All you have to do is take under a minute a day to log into the website and simply click on any - or all  - of the charities that you feel passionately about and 'click to give' will donate to that charity on your behalf. The different charities are:
  • Animal Care
  • Feed the Poor
  • Stop Child Abuse
  • End Homelessness
  • Impact Kids Cancer
  • Sponser Children
Click the website link above and learn more about what is done for each of these charities individually! The charities are amazing!

i cant help but look at this sweet face, all covered in 'morning snack time', and wonder what i would do if i had no means to feed him. it makes me grateful for what i do have; for what haven has. but it also fuels a yearning within my heart to want to make the world a better place for children who go hungry every day...

this is a big boy. at three months kealii weighs only 2 pounds lighter than haven weighs now. haven is 13 months.... get the picture? lol. kealii is a formula baby because his momma can't nurse. i take for granted, so often, the fact that he just has food available to him. what if he didn't have that? i just can't imagine it...


Basically how the site functions is by advertisements. With each visitor or ip address 'hit' the site becomes more popular. This, in turn, makes company's want to have their advertisements on the website.

Where does the money come from to aid these charities, you ask? The money earned from the cost of advertising of course! :) 100% straight to the charity.

if you know me, you know that i love animals. animals need lovin' too! i love that this website has an option for 'animal care'. i've found some of my best friends in animals <3

You can only register one person per ip address and only click once a day (that's a note for those 'go getters' who I'm sure would sit there for hours clicking and clicking and clicking if they could.)

I know, I know, I know... with the internet these days and all of the million and one scams that are out there to be had, one might hesitate to want to try something like this. But really... what have you got to lose? Nothing. Besides a few moments of your time :).

I know that for me personally, I feel like my contributions are so small and limited. Today I was especially feeling that way. Anyone who sits down and watches the news for even 30 seconds has reason to become discouraged and down-trodden for the rest of the month.

That's why I love the words of this song:

I'm small, I know
but where ever I go
the fields grow greener still.

I know that I am small. I know that, when I look at the smallness of my efforts, it seems laughable to some. But really... I don't mind so much. Nope. I won't mind it at all. Because I know that even the 'small' efforts count.

So... I'm small, I know. But I know that the small efforts count as well. And I also know that if we all join together to fight against inequality in the world, we can make a difference. I'm so grateful for the example of Jesus Christ in showing us alllll how to give.

Here's the link again just in case you couldn't find it up there ;)


And for the finale... the finishing lyrics to this beautiful song <3

Give then as Jesus gives,
Give oh, give
Give oh, give
Give then as Jesus gives,
there is something all can give.

1 comment: