Monday, October 3, 2011

the sparrow's fall

I found a little sparrow the other day.
He had crashed into a window and fallen to the ground.
He just kind of layed there, gasping for air on his back. I stood there looking at his paralyzed little body and quickly deducted that I didn't have the heart to just leave him there on the cold cement to be smushed by passing vehicles.
I picked him up and put him in this random brown bag inside of my car.
I didn't really have much of a plan, but I figured... hmmm... when Haven is sick, I give him pydialyte.
Maybe that'll help???
I went and bought my new found friend some supplies and came back out to my car.
It was madness.
He had recovered from his prior 'smashing into the window', escaped from his little home inside of my brown bag, and was flapping wildly throughout my car.
You can try and imagine this sight at midnight (ya that's right, I shop at midnight. lol) as I opened my car door and screamed at the top of my lungs (I knew mr. birdy was inside my car, I don't really know why this was so alarming lol - regardless, I screamed). The few people who were in the parking lot, turned and starred and looked at me like I was crazy.

I found mr. birdy a soft place in the grass and trees and set him free there (away from the traffic).

Driving home that night a scripture popped into my head. The one about how a sparrow doesn't fall without the Lord knowing it. It made me smile to think of it.

It was a little reminder that Heavenly Father is completely aware of me.
And when I accidentally crash into terrain that causes me to tumble to the ground, I know that He is watching me closely and taking care of my life;

this guy is a lot bigger than mr birdy. but i didn't have a picture of mr. birdy so this will have to do :)
isn't he gorgeous? ahhh. if there's no animals in heaven, i don't wanna go.


and I know that He has a wonderful plan for me.
And for you too <3


No comments:

Post a Comment